Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day One in Dhabi!

View from my hotel room... see the haze from the dust storm?
Well, folks.  Here I am!  After a long relatively uneventful (but really quite chilly) 14 hour flight, I landed to a balmy 34 degrees, and a sandstorm!   was met as I walked off the plane by a lovely airport official who walked me through customs completely hassle freely, then handed me over to the driver from Beach Rotana resort who drove me all the way in along an 8 lane freeway that virtually goes from the airport to the resort area!  Awesome. 

The hotel room is wonderful, and I've already made myself at home. 

The Hotel Room
The Bathroom
Another viewe from the balcony.
Complete with a bath!
First impressions of the city, made as I was driven into the city from the airport by my allocated driver, is that it is much bigger than I thought it would be.  It's a very spread-out looking place, with a number of very tall developments underway.  Mind you, through the haze of my first sandstorm, it was very hard to get a real impression.



More dust haze....

Anyway, I'm a bit tired and grubby feeling, so I will make this a short-but-sweet post, jump in the shower, and get back to you all later.

5 comments:

  1. Could you take some photos of the pool when the dust settles Maz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will indeed. In fact, I'm just about to head to the pool.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you keep your blog up better than I do. I am looking forward to reading about life there. I think I will have to come and visit at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. swanky hotel room! is that where you will be living or is this a layover???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alas, this is only a 7 day stay while my other accommodation is arranged. It's quite swanky, isn't it!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete